Skip to main content

Ephesians Original Language Studies Part 1

Hey there, Bible Bee-er studying for the 2025 NBBC!  You've come to the right place!

These are some printable Greek PDFs to help you in your original language studies of Ephesians.  I designed these for display, but they're also great for personal reference!  They outline/list some of the themes of the Book of Ephesians, in Greek!

They are not intended to be a primary source for studying original language in Ephesians, but as a supplement that may help you get an idea of some of the main ideas in the epistle.  They may even inspire you to make your own!

If the summaries are too NKJV-biased for you, make your own using your version!  They don't take long, and they're great for not just knowing what the study passage says, but also understanding.  And ultimately, the reason we do BB is to know God's Word and make Him known.  We're seeking the knowledge of the Holy One more than any competition results.  So keep that in mind as you're preparing.

I hope these PDFs are useful to you in your endeavors.  I'm cheering you on as you study for the MCT and the following NBBC rounds.  I know God will give you the strength and capacity to give Him your best and honor Him.  But more important than any competition is the spiritual growth that studying His priceless Word promotes.  Keep that chin up and keep pressing on!  We run a race for an imperishable crown that can never fade away or be destroyed.

BODY PARTS in EPHESIANS

DIDOMI in EPHESIANS

SOMA in EPHESIANS

Your fellow partaker of the headaches and tears of BB,

Hannah

P. S.  I hope to be back with more similar resources!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everything We Did to Prepare for NBCC 2025

Each year, as we begin our journey of studying for the National Bible Bee Competition, I try to reach back to the recesses of my brain to remember what we did *last* year. There are, of course, things that we do every year, but things are always changing and I find that I am constantly making adjustments. Also, getting started with study materials is daunting, even if you have been doing it for several years. So, in the name of posterity and as a help to others (and my future self), I decided to document the study materials that we actually used this year. My preparation focuses on materials for the Study Passage (useful for everyone) and all things related to Primaries. Our Junior kids are often somewhere in between independence and needing some support, so I did have some Junior-specific materials this year. However, the Seniors are on their own! Mom's BB Notebooks. :) Planning Gathering study materials for NBBC is a big task, and like all big tasks, planning is key. I usually st...

NBBC 2025: A Bible Bee Mom's Perspective

As I was preparing two dozen sandwiches in our family's three-bedroom suite at the Kalahari Resort, the thought crossed my mind that I could document what Nationals week looks like from a mom's perspective. Why should the kids have all the fun recording their memories from such a monumental week? At the time, I was thinking that I would mainly focus on practical things: How do we feed everyone? How do we get people ready for various rounds of competition? What does it *really* look like for our family of eleven to attend the NBBC? You know, those "behind the scenes" type thing. I didn't realize that this would be the end of a long chapter for our family's participation in the NBBC. NBBC Meal Prep Hack: make sandwiches ahead of time to grab on busy days. Our very first time going to NBBC was in 2015. Our oldest son Joshua was eight and our oldest daughter Hannah was seven. It was a long drive from Virginia to San Antonio, and it was a stressful week with six ch...

All About Cross-References, Part 2

Continued on from here .  What about context? Context is the key to interpreting Scripture.  The list below may seem overwhelming, but it is really just a list of questions that you can ask about a passage of Scripture to help you understand its meaning in its literary, historical, geographical, and cultural context. Not every questions applies to every passage. The best place to begin is by asking yourself, "What information is not provided in the passage that is necessary for me to understand what is being said/what is happening?" Here are some considerations as you get started. When looking at the context of cross-references, it is important to note the following: Literary Style - What type of writing is the passage?  Then ask some of the questions listed under each style.  You do not need to ask all of the questions.  In fact, some passages will not have answers to all of them.  For descriptions of the styles look here . Epistle Who is writing? Who i...